With proper care, your Nanbuhouki will last for 20 – 30 years.
How to Use a Floor Broom
Sweep rhythmically & lightly.
- ① Use both sides. Otherwise, the brush is going to bend towards one side.
- ② Do not press hard against the floor. Sweep softly.
- ③ Do not strike things with the broom.
- ④ Hanging your broom is the best way to store it.
How to Use a Whisk Broom
Sweep lightly on clothes in the same way as you use would use a folding fan.
- ① Sweep lightly on clothes in the same way as you would use a folding fan.
- ② Hold the broom vertically over the piece of clothing.
- ③ Flick your wrist softly.
- ④ Remove wool or hair from the tips of the broom by hand.
Proper maintenance is important for long-lasting usage.
- When your broom gets dirty (after heavy usage)…
- ・Rinse the broom with lukewarm water mixed with a mild detergent.
- If your broom shows signs of brittleness…
- ・Soak the broom in salt water (ideally a salinity concentration similar to sea water) for half a day, and then dry it in a cool, shaded and well-ventilated area.